Chewy Baked carrot cake donuts are full of flavour and spice. Topped with cream cheese icing and walnuts are perfect for breakfast because really, who doesn’t like cake for breakfast?
This is the first time I am grateful that instacart bought the wrong item for me. I had ordered a bunch of carrots, and instead was brought a massive 10 pound bag. I know right? What am I going to do with 10 pounds of carrots? I have added carrots to almost everything I’ve made this past week including Donuts! Let me tell you, These donuts taste incredible and they are super easy to make. Plus since they are made with a vegetable the have to be healthy right?
Making Baked Carrot Cake Donuts
First we start by and peeling grating the carrots, I know its a bit more work than purchasing the shredded carrots from the store but believe me, Those things are gross! They are so dried out and have no flavour.
Pre heat oven to 400, Add your dry ingredients Flour , Cinnamon, Nutmeg and cloves to a medium size bowl and whisk together
in a separate medium bowl add the wet ingredients including the carrots
Next, add the dry ingredients to the wet bowl and combine.
Grease a donut pan and pour the filling 2/3 full, Bake for 10-12 minutes. While baking prepare the icing mixture
Allow donuts to cool completely before icing, Melted icing is not a good look for these beauty’s.
Dip the top of each donut in the icing and top with Walnuts or pecans. Serve and Enjoy!!
If you do make these delicious Baked Carrot Cake Donuts please leave a comment and let me know how you liked it, I cant wait to hear from you!! Also Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram I Would love to see how they turned out!
The Best Baked Carrot Cake Donuts
- 1 Cup Unbleached All Purpose Flour
- ½ Cup Brown Sugar
- ½ Tsp Baking Powder
- ½ Tsp Baking Soda
- ½ Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- ½ Tsp Nutmeg
- ½ Tsp Ginger
- ¼ Tsp Cloves
- 1 Egg
- ½ Cup Almond Milk
- 1½ Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- ¾ Cup Grated Carrots about 3
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4 oz Cream Cheese
- ¼ Cup Butter softened
- 1½ Cup Confectioner Sugar
- ¼ Tsp Salt
- ½ Tsp Vanilla Extract
- ½ Cup Walnuts
- Preheat oven to 400°F and grease donut pan
- In a medium bowl mix together Flour, brown sugar, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, cinnamon, salt, baking powder and baking soda
- In a seperate bowl mix together the Egg, almond milk, vanilla and oil.
- Add the bowl of dry ingredients to the bowl of wet ingredients combine and add carrots.
- Spoon batter into donut pan, filling about ⅔ of the way. Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown. Remove from pan and allow to cool completely
Cream Cheese Icing
- Using a hand mixer on high speed, combine cream cheese and butter until smooth
- Add powdered sugar and beat on the low setting
- Add milk until combined
- Dip donuts in frosting bowl and swirl. Top with walnuts and Enjoy!