These 20 minute chicken Tinga tacos are Spicy, Smokey and so simple to make! With only 10 minutes of prep time and 10 minutes of cook time, these tacos are the perfect mid week Cinco De M\aayo dinner.Jump to Recipe
Cinco De Mayo is one of my favourite dinner nights of the year! I love all Mexican or Latin inspired foods. Since it fell on Wednesday this year , you know this busy mama does not have time to spend all evening in the kitchen.
How to Prepare Chicken Tinga Tacos
The key to get this meal prepared in 20 minutes is a rotisserie chicken or left over shredded chicken on hand.
- Sauté chopped onions, garlic and chipotle peppers in a pot. Add fire roasted crushed tomatoes to the pot along with cumin, oregano, cayenne and chili flakes. Allow to simmer for a few minutes.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the sauce until smooth.
- Add chicken and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from and add to taco shells.
That’s it! So easy, and so much flavour! You will not believe you made these in your kitchen.
How to Serve
My favourite way to eat the chicken in soft shell tacos loaded with guacamole, pico and lime juice. If your looking for a low carb option they also work so well in lettuce tacos.
On a bed of Mexican rice with mango salsa on top is a nice balance of spicy and sweet.
In Burritos. Full large tortilla with rice, beans,guacamole, rice and cheese. Roll and eat! If you have extra sauce, add to the top make this a wet burrito. So darn good.
If you do make these Easy 20 minute Chicken Tinga Tacos please leave a comment and let me know how you liked it, I cant wait to hear from you!! Also Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram I Would love to see how they turned out!
20 Minute Chicken Tinga Tacos
- 1 Rotisserie Chicken
- 1 Onion Chopped
- 1 can Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 3 Cloves Garlic minced
- 1 can Roasted Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Tsp Cumin
- ½ Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Oregano
- ½ Tsp Cayenne
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add Onion, Cumin, Salt, Oregano and Cayenne until onion have softened.
- Add garlic, and cook a few minutes.
- Stir in the Chipotle peppers and can of tomatoes, simmer for 5 minutes
- Use an Imulsion blender and blend until smooth
- Add chicken to pan, stir to combine. cook a few minutes and remove from heat
- Serve on Chicken Tinga in warm corn or flour tortillas or with lettuce cups. Top with Cotija cheese, Pico de gallo and cilantro Enjoy!